
I did a little finishing work earlier in the week. I've had one of my Fair & Square pieces designated for a no-sew cube for a while now, and when I received Robin's exchange, I knew I was going to do that as a no-sew cube as well, so I picked up what I needed over the weekend to finish both of them.
This is how the squares from Robin turned out. I used the squares for the front and back (you can see the back in the post I linked to), and a pale green wide satin ribbon to cover the seams. I used a skinnier striped ribbon as an accent, and finished it with a tulip pin made with some glass beads I have in my stash. (The tulip flower is the same one I used for Dianne's scissor fob.)
I also finished up one I had received in 2012 in an exchange with Pokua in Australia. (Pokua's blog hasn't been updated in quite a while). These are the squares that Pokua stitched for me, a Debbie Draper design. She stitched it in Debbie's memory, as Debbie had passed away a few weeks prior. The ones I stitched for Pokua can be found here.
This cube will be a companion to another F&S exchange I finished in the same manner, the blue one in this post, stitched by Jeannie C (no blog). I'll put the two of them in my living room cabinet.
So the blue one might have taken me almost two years, but at least I got Robin's done and it's STILL SPRING. YAY!! Now I will have to go through my Fair & Square exchange stash to see if there are any other seasonal pieces I can do like this. They work nicely on the shelves in our living room and it's a different way to display finished needlework.
If you're interested in doing your own, here's a few resources
- Totally in Stitches No-Sew Cube Tutorial (the one I followed)
- LHN Hometown Holiday Cube Tutorial - With beaded feet!
- Cameo's No Sew Cube - with a larger cube
3 comments:
Congratulations on getting both sets turned into cubes, Jennifer! Both turned out great. Also, thanks for sharing the link to the Quaker piece you stitched. The thread (Foxfire) is a gorgeous color.
Enjoy your day!
Robin in Virginia
They both look great, Jenn! And thanks for the links to all of the cube tutorials. I seem to be addicted to making little pillows, but, who knows--one day I might just try them :)
Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!
Very pretty cubes! One of my favorite finishes.
Post a Comment