Friday, June 1, 2012

A Mini Quaker Sampler

Just another drive-by posting from me.....

Round #29 to Pokua
Quaker 1 from Gazette 94 (free chart)
Stitched 1 over 1 on 32 ct. Antique White with Carrie's Creations Foxfire

I stitched these squares for the latest Fair & Square exchange for Pokua in Australia. I modified the chart slightly to add in both our initials and I changed the date. I wasn't certain at first that I was going to like it, but the more I stitched on it, the more I fell in love. And you'll be seeing that shamrock motif again somewhere, I'm sure.

I would just like to remind everyone that the Fair and Square Exchange IS taking new members. Participation has been down in recent rounds, and perhaps a few new members will re-energize the group. Jill has been a really wonderful administrator for the group and I have had a fantastic time getting to know my exchange partners, some with whom I've developed real friendships. If you're part of the group and haven't participated in a while, please consider signing up when the next round opens up. If you're not part of the group, submit your application to Jill - you won't be sorry.

4 comments:

Yuko said...

Hi Jen,
They are so beautiful pieces!
I like green that you've chosen!
Irish green, isn't it?!
I'm going to see your WIP album, etc... from now! Fun!

Carol said...

I've never seen this finished with green, Jennifer--I really, really like it! Your shamrock motif on the back is perfect, too...

Enjoy your weekend!

RuthB said...

Awesome squares, Jennifer! Love the color and the shamrock is awesome. :)

Catherine said...

Love this finish! Great color!