Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Eye(let) see you.....

Yeah, so I'm not even going to make excuses about not blogging. I've noticed I have a tendency to wait until I *finish* finish something before I blog about it, and I actually do have a few pieces that have been stitched, but not finished completely, that I want to blog about, including the one that I gave you a sneak peak of a while back. In fact, I have to start harassing my husband to get cracking on three pieces to be framed. They're all ready to go - frames, foam core and everything.

But back to the stitching and my latest Fair & Square exchange.

These are the squares I received in the most recent Fair & Square Exchange from my partner, Shelley P. (Shelley has a blog but it's currently inactive). You know I love anything with a nautical theme, and these squares are perfect for me. I'm going to finish them up as a no-sew cube for our living room. I think they'll be a perfect complement to the squares I received from Marie P, which I also finished up as a no-sew cube.

Rhodes Butterfly Biscornu by Kincavel Krosses
Stitched on 32 ct. Antique white with DMC flosses

And this is what I stitched for Shelley. Her profile indicated that she liked spring color palettes, so I selected this pattern because I really wanted to stitch the Rhodes Butterflies. I like stitching Rhodes stitches with rayon / satin threads - I think that little extra sheen really adds something to the specialty stitch.

I also enjoyed doing the eyelet stitches again, after having done them on the Shamrocks piece I posted about previously. They make a nice contrast with the raised centers of the Rhodes squares.

I'm not sure how Shelley plans on finishing the squares, but I did design the signature square to accommodate a biscornu finish.

10 comments:

Sally said...

Both the F&S piece are lovely Jennifer :)

Karen said...

Love both pieces. The spring piece is just beautiful!

mainely stitching said...

Oh those are gorgeous - the first one, especially so!

Kathy A. said...

I love your Fair and Square pieces. You and I are often on the same page and so the pirate exchange piece is the best!
Your squares are gorgeous - so delicate.

Rachel S said...

Very cute! She did a great job!

Carol said...

Both pieces are so cute, Jennifer! I really like those Rhodes stitched butterflies. Great job by both you and Shelley :)

Lisa said...

Love your Fair & Square exchange pieces. The ones you stitched are gorgeous colours, been and saved the chart myself so thanks, I love eyelets lol.

Lynn said...

Great squares, both given and received. I do love those Rhodes butterlies and love the colours you chose to stitch with too. Very pretty!

Carolyn NC said...

Love the pieces, given and received!

Marie-P said...

Love the squares that you received AND stitched. Those butterflies are GREAT, nice job.