Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Help a girl out, please!

As most of you know, my husband and I are expecting our first child in October, and we've been getting things ready for his arrival. Sure, we've got the big stuff like the crib and the stroller, but what I am in need of is nearly impossible to find here in the suburban Philadelphia area.... Dallas Cowboys gear.

Yep. Dallas Cowboys stuff. I've been hitting Babies R Us, plus the department and sporting goods stores, and sure, there's a ton of Eagles (gack) and Phillies stuff, and even some Steelers stuff, but not a whole lot in the way of Dallas Cowboys gear. I'm guessing that most of these things are only locally availble in the teams' home markets, which is probably why I can't find them online either.

Yes, we have already purchased the Tony Romo Hallmark ornament on the condition that he not be placed on the tree until he gets his December act together... He may not join our collection of Cowboys ornaments until he can get through the playoffs without blowing it. LOL

I'd love to have his first picture taken in a Cowboys outfit (and bring him home in one), and of course, he's going to need a Cowboys outfit for Thanksgiving. I can order stuff online, but I've seen different things in places like Wal-Mart and Target, and I am sure they are probably way less expensive there than they are on some of these sites.

We're already expecting our boy to be over 8 lbs at birth, so newborn stuff isn't going to work, but 0-3 months and especially 3-6 months will. Mostly I am looking for some onesies (long or short sleeve), sleepers, or outfits like the warm up suit. We've seen a few jerseys around, but most of them seem to be too big (we're planning on getting him a Jason Witten jersey for Christmas).

I'm also looking for a few little Cowboy related things like pacifiers, a hooded towel, a picture frame, etc. And if you see anything cool that I haven't mentioned, please let me know. I know that there are usually things only available locally that I might not have even considered. So if you live in Texas or an area where you have access to Cowboys baby gear, I would be eternally grateful if you could help us out. Let me know ahead of time (so I can avoid multiples of the same item) and I will happily reimburse you for the cost of the item and the shipping to PA.

And if you happen to be looking for Eagles / Phillies / Flyers stuff, or Steelers or Giants, let me know and I can help you out (baby, child and adult sizes). Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Try Sears. Ours here in NY sells ALL teams. Not just Jets and Giants, though there that is the majority.

Or you might want to try the NFL sites, I think they tend to be on the expensive side.

But since one of my brothers and one of my nephews are HUGE Cowboy fans I know there are stores outside the Dallas area that carry the team stuff.

Good luck.

Kathy said...

PS
Try these web sites:
http://www.babysport.com/items/nfl/dallas-cowboys/list.htm

http://nflstore.net/cgi-bin/nflygen.pl?tm=DC

http://www.babyfans.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=12

Has an adorable tee that says "My first Cowboys Tee"
:)

Real Live Woman said...

Yes, NFL Shop is probably your best bet, if you haven't tried them yet. Also, I just saw on the news today that Walmart is going to greatly expand their online presence with a lot more offerings, so keep checking there as they continue to add more items. You can usually ship for free to your local store and pick it up.

Angela said...

You certainly have been making plans.

Definately not available here in the UK so can't help you with this one.

P.S. You can start checking you postbox at the end of next week, as there will be a parcel winging it's way across the Atlantic for you.

Rachel S said...

you and I should meet up and fly for a day trip down to Dallas. Dallas stuff is really hard to find here, too, for anyone. nasty Redskins, yes, but not that.

Have you checked Ebay? If I hadn't got that jersey half-price brand new, I wouldn't recommend it, but I was happy with what I bought.

Michelle said...

I've emailed you!!

Marie-P said...

I am on it my friend! :) I shall search the shops here in Texas!
Hope that you are feeling oaky.

Michele said...

dammm I almost always find cowboy crap, I mean stuff around here .. I'll start looking in earnest now! lol

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

It's so funny to me that you are such a Cowboys fan here in Philly -- makes me feel more at home! ;) The Today show broadcast from the new stadium this week ... did you catch that!

Thinking of you!

Janaina said...

Mmmm... cowboy... Will keep my eyes open for ya! =)

Lynn said...

Living in Canada, I'm sure not able to help out with your request. I can't wait though to see those first pics of baby in all his Cowboy finery! Good luck Jennifer.