Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have a really good reason for being behind on stitching

You see, my husband and I are expecting our first child, a son, in October. Yep, I'm pregnant. I've kept it quiet for so long because I have some complicated issues with my family and didn't need the additonal stress of dealing with that. But the cat seems to be out of the bag for the most part, so I thought I would share our happy news with my stitching friends.

So far, so good with this pregnancy, except for a ridiculous amount of exhaustion in the first trimester. I have never been so tired in my life! And dizzy to boot, but most of that seems to have passed, and I am into my third trimester now. Baby has been very active lately, and according to his ultrasounds, right on target for growth and development. We're very excited to meet him.

But being so tired and dizzy made it very hard to concentrate on stitching, and I really slacked off for a while, only managing to get in the bare minimum, which is why you haven't seen much from me lately. (I especially want to apologize to my two remaining PIFs - Deirdre and Tammie. I didn't forget about you ladies, I swear!!! I have your pieces stitched up, I just have to finish them!)

Since my DH and I both love the beach and lighthouses, we knew we were going with a nautical theme for his room. This is the bedding we selected, Nautica William.


We'll be painting the walls a light blue, coincidentally called Sailboat (okay, maybe the color name did have something to do with my selection) and going with cherry furniture, including the crib my in-laws bought for their grandson.

I, or rather my husband, did pick the sampler for the baby. It's from Seguin Designs and it's called A Fishing Village Sampler.


Maine is one of our favorite places, and this was the sampler that DH liked the best of about a dozen different ones that I had found. I'm making some modifications to the piece to include his name and vital information. I haven't started stitching yet, but I do have the fabric and the threads.

So if you've been wondering why my posting has been sporadic this year, now you know why. :-)

40 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Yay you! Congratulations and all best.

Rebecca (AKA - Rebel In Ontario) said...

What a wonderful excuse not to be blogging! Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy, we can't wait to see this little bundle's debut online!

Gayle said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you. Have you picked a name? The sampler will be a perfect addition to the room.

Erica said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

C in DC said...

Congratulations (again)! I love the nautical theme and can just see how the sampler will be perfect for a birth sampler. What fun.

Wishing you well through the remainder of your pregnancy.

Joyus said...

Congratulations :D

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Congrats on expecting. I have to say Oct is an excellent month to be born (like myself). Sounds like you are doing well and have things all planned for the new arrival. Enjoy it all, CJ ok;-)

Angela said...

Congratulations. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly and the weather is kind to you and not too hot over the next three months.

Kim B said...

Such wonderful news!! And I adore your sampler choice. It's perfect!

Lee said...

Hooray! Congrats! And best wishes for good health and happiness! Keep us informed!

Rachel S said...

Congratulations.

His room sounds like it will be beautiful.

Ranae said...

Congratulations!
Wonderful news!

Carolyn NC said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news! Can't wait to see your nursery come together.

Alberta said...

Jennifer...that's blessed news - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

staci said...

How exciting! Congratulations and Best Wishes to you both!!!

Marie-P said...

I am so excited for you both and I cannot wait to see some pictures of your new addition!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

I do love that sammpler. :)

CindyMae said...

Oh how very exciting for you. I am sorry that there is much stress as this should be the happiest time in your lives. I love the bedding you have selected, it is gorgeous!!!

Jeanie said...

Congratulations to you both ! and wishing you well through your pregnancy.
The sampler is perfect for the nursery !
Waiting to see pictures of your new addition :)

Christine said...

Congratulations Jennifer! Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy.

Rachel said...

Congrats Jennifer! Best wishes to the three of you :o)

Vonna said...

Many happy congratulations...you know I've been (for some reason) thinking about you and I just wondered if that was the reason... :)

Donna said...

That's terrific news. I'm happy for you!

Dee L said...

My daughter just had her first child, a boy, on June 1. I couldn't wait to meet him, just like you. What joy you have before you!

Dee

Cheryl said...

Awww thats lovely news congratulations! Love the nautical theme

debijeanm said...

How wonderful! Congratulations! Enjoy this great adventure!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! Love the nautical theme.

Janaina said...

Oh, Jennifer... How great! =)
Congrats to new mom and new dad!
Wishing you guys all the best!
Hugs from sunny Brazil!

Daffycat said...

Congratulations, Jennifer! Wonderful news...I am so happy for you!

Michele said...

Jenn and Jeff .. you know I'm sooo excited for both of you! Love the theme you picked out for the baby's room .. it's perfect!!!

Meari said...

Congratulations, Jennifer!!

Sally said...

Congratulations Jennifer!

Pumpkin said...

It's about time that you let that cat out of the bag!!!! LOL! As you can see, lots of Bloggers are so happy for you and your DH :o)

Okay, I LOVE the decor for the baby's room. I LOVE the new crib. And I LOVE the sampler that you'll be stitching. But then you know that I am partial to the ocean and to Maine ;o)

Take care of yourself and that little one.

Brigitte said...

That is wonderful news indeed. I hope that the issues with your family will be sorted out soon so that you can spend your last weeks of pregnancy in peace and harmony.

Kathy said...

Oh, my. What great news!!! Congratulations. Now it is just a short time more. Your blogging and stitching time will probably be decreased more when the baby arrives.

Love the nautical theme. Looks great. Sampler is cute too. Fits in quite well.

Kathy A. said...

Oh Jennifer - Congratulations. What wonderful news.
If your new son, gives you half the love and joy that my two sons do your heart will be full!!!!

valerie said...

Wow, congratulations! Thanks for visiting my blog and offering up some book suggestions! Much appreciated and some of those chicklit authors are my favorites. Thanks a lot!

Teresa said...

What wonderful news!! I am so happy for you and your husband. It is so good to know that life goes on!

Much love!
Teresa

Michele B. said...

What wonderful news! Boys are the best (having only one child, a son, I'm a little biased). Your preparations for his room are stunning. Enjoy this happy time!

Dianne said...

I can't wait to 'meet' (it could happen)your little guy someday. My guy was a pumpkin baby born October 24th-he's almost 23!

Lynn said...

I really have been behind in my blogging! Congratulations Jennifer to both you and your hubby. I love how you've done the baby's room. I hope your energy returns soon.