Monday, July 13, 2009

A prize! A prize!

Saturday, DH and I went to our hometown (about 90 minutes away) for his cousin Kerri's engagement party. I absolutely adore Kerri - we've been thick as thieves since we met, oh.... 17 years ago. She was 10 at the time, and announced at our first meeting, "When you marry my cousin, I am going to be in the wedding!" The poor girl had to wait 12 years, but yes, she was in the wedding. :-)

This time, she's the one getting married, and I'm one of the lucky bridesmaids, so it was off to the engagement party we went. Granted, the weather wasn't the greatest, but the food was good, the company even better, and I can't think of a better occasion to celebrate that my little Kerri getting married. Can't wait for the wedding!

The weather was a little overcast for the party, and SUCKED driving home (visibility was near zero and I was glad DH was driving, not me!), but I did get the sweetest surprised when we got home. Tucked away in our mailbox was an envelope all the way from Canada, containing a wonderful prize from Christine (Mtrl Girl) as a reward for guessing the pattern she was stitching on. Since it was a pattern I had stitched myself, it was easy for me to guess, and you MUST check out the gorgeous piece she stitched! I stitched the same design in a purple thread, but she did hers in a beautiful multicolored floss, and it's just lovely.

In my package, Christine included a beautiful piece of Silkweaver Fabric (Blueberry Delight), something I've been wanting to try, a skein of Glorianna Silk in a raspberry color (another goodie I've been eyeing up!) and a a sweet Just Nan pattern called Primrose Path. Plus a beautiful little card / note to go with it all. (I must say, I've gotten some stunning cards from my fellow stitchers - you all have the best taste in stationary!!)

I never expected such a generous package, and I am deeply appreciative. Christine, THANK YOU!!!

9 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Sounds like a fun time and a great surprise at the end. Congrats!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Glad made to and from safely. Sounds like a great giftie received from Christine. CJ ok;-)

Christine said...

You're very welcome, Jennifer! I'm glad you liked it so much and thanks for the lovely compliments on my finished piece.

Kathy A. said...

What lovely gifts you received from Christine. Stitchers are so very generous aren't they.
I loved your Fair Squares both sent and received.

stitcherydoo said...

What a beautiful pattern! I'd seen that design on Tantes Zolder, but Christine really did a great job on that. Congratulations to Kerri!

Angela said...

Weddings are such fun,e specially if you don't have to organise them.

What a great surprise.

CindyMae said...

Sounds like fun! Congrats to the upcoming wedding and being a part of it!!

Marie-P said...

I am sure that you are excited about being in the wedding, that will be great fun.

I do love my F&S squares and think that you should have "fudged" the heart and sent it to me just as it was. :D

Hope all is well with you!

Pumpkin said...

Despite the weather, it sounds like you had an awesome day :o) Even coming back home had its perks. LOL!