Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fair and Square

Seems like some of the only stitching I'm finishing these days are for my Fair and Square exchanges. I am also stitching on CC's Little Ballerinas for my niece, but I haven't taken any progress pictures. It's a cute piece, and I've made a few changes to it that I'm pretty happy with. Hopefully it will be done soon so I can show you all.

First up, the beautiful Spring Round squares I received from Gillie K. (no blog)

Spring Flowers by Debbie Draper Designs
Stitched over 2 with Glorianna Silks Highland Gardens

Gillie did a wonderful job with these squares - even the backs are beautiful! Thanks so much, Gillie! I think I will probably turn these into a no sew cube to go along with the Squares I received from Susan.

And these are the squares I sent to Gillie

Springtime Violets by Châtelaine Designs
Stitched over 2 with DMC Threads (Converted from Anchor) on 32 ct. Antique White

I did consider putting the Diamond eyelets in, but after I stitched the first one, I didn't think it added much to the piece and frogged it out. And I know it looks like I stitched it on 2 different color fabrics, but it's actually the same fabric (in fact, one long 6" x 12" piece that's easier to put on a scroll frame than 2 separate 6"x 6" pieces). For some reason, the lighting in the signature square photo came out darker, and I couldn't get it to match the first picture. But you get the idea.

10 comments:

Daffycat said...

Wonderful F&S designs. I really love your violets!

CindyMae said...

The squares are wonderful. The piece that you received and the one you sent are just gorgeous! Great job!

Carolyn NC said...

Love the squares, both received and sent!

Kim B said...

Beautiful squares!!

Kathy A. said...

Lovely squares both sent and received. I had Gillie's name in an exchange and she has a good eye.

Brigitte said...

All the squares are so lovely. Those violets are gorgeous.

Pumpkin said...

Lovely squares Jennifer :o)

Sharon said...

Both sets are beautiful!

Meari said...

Both turned out really nice.

Deb said...

Love the way the Violets came out. Looks like a quick stitch!