Thursday, March 6, 2008

SBQ: Recycling Questions

This week's question was originally posted on January 4, 2005. Renee, who does a great job with the SBQs, has started recycling questions, and with good reason, which you can read about here.

After you stitch a pattern or kit, what do you do with it?

Usually, I file it away in one of my 3 ring binders. I use sheet protectors with my charts when I stitch, which helps keep them clean and neat and makes the transfer to the binder super easy. If the chart is particularly cumbersome or in a book or magazine, I use sheet protectors and photocopies so I don't damage the original chart.

When I'm done, I file the chart and any unique paperwork that might have accompanied it (usually in kits) such as cover sheets and color photos, right in the page protector sleeve. I do not keep generic "how to cross stitch" diagrams. Sometimes I will write on the back of the color illustration the date or the occasion for the piece. If the chart is from a kit, I put the extra threads in the sleeve as well.

I'll trade or sell most charts I've already stitched, though there are a small handful I will keep for no good reason other that I am sentimentally attached, even though I will never stitch them again. There are also a few small charts for baby, housewarming and wedding presents that I won't trade off because I will probably stitch them again.

The charts I am willing to part with are in the link in my sidebar.

1 comments:

Ruth said...

Thanks so much for all the organizing ideas. You are inspiring, but far above my patience to follow I fear. lol