Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Feasts #182 & 183

Yes indeed. Two for the price of one. I didn't do a Friday Feast last week, so I'll do two this week. And I apologize for my lack of stitching content. I am currently obsessed with house hunting - DH and I are moving this spring and it's my sole focus these days to find a suitable house. I'm not even all that picky. I want 4 brs (one of which will accommodate a king size bed), 2 - 2.5 bathrooms, a 2 car garage (attached or detached - doesn't matter), a basement, and a decent sized, updated kitchen. And central air. Everything else is negotiable. Grrrr..... As soon as I finish this, it is back to the salt mines... errr... I mean real estate pages.

Appetizer: If you could be any current celebrity for one whole week, who would you want to be?
Probably Julia Roberts. I've always liked her.

Soup: On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you enjoy talking on the phone?
On the house phone or in the house? About a -6. Seriously, I hate it. I only like to talk to my very close friends on the phone. And most of them hate talking on the phone as well. In the car, however, especially on the highway when I am by myself, I like talking on the phone. (Yes, I use a hands free) It passes the time.

Salad: Name a charitable organization to which you have donated (or would like to).
I donate to animal related causes, though I prefer to donate directly to the shelters so they're the ones getting the money and the fundraisers are not taking a cut. I also prefer to donate necessary goods like food, blankets, etc.

Main Course: What is a food you like so much you could eat it every single day for a month?
Hands down, lobster. Seafood in general, but lobster specifically. I never get tired of it.

Dessert: Have you or anyone in your family had the flu this year?
{knock wood} No.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Appetizer: On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 as highest), how much do you like your own handwriting?
Probably an 8 or 9. I have pretty nice handwriting. Printing too.

Soup: Do you prefer baths or showers?
Usually showers, unless it is a very large, deep bath tub. I don't really see the point in taking a bath in a small tub, especially since I am 5'10". I cannot stretch out in a regular bath tub

Salad: What was the last bad movie you watched?
I can't really remember. I'd probably have to go look at my Netflix queue. Usually I shut them off - I've learned that life is too short to watch crappy movies. I will say that I watched Napoleon Dynamite all the way through against my better judgement. Everyone LOVED that movie, but I thought it was terrible. Other notable stinkers I've sat through are Addicted to Love (Meg Ryan - I HATE her.), Snow Falling on Cedars (something like 3 hours I'm never getting back), Portrait of a Lady (with Nicole Kidman, whom I usually like), Eyes Wide Shut (also with Nicole....), and Being John Malkovich.

Main Course: Name something you are addicted to and describe how it affects your life.
I wouldn't say I am addicted to anything really, though I am very connected to the Internet. I check email several times a day, I read a ton of blogs, I get most of my news and information on line and I keep in touch with friends and family mostly through email and IM. I probably don't socialize as much in person as I normally would.

Dessert: Which instrument is your favorite to listen to?
I would have to say the cello

So there you have it. Two Friday Feasts for the price of one. I wonder how much longer I can put off looking at real estate?

8 comments:

Kim B said...

Napoleon Dynamite was terrible! I could feel the cells in my brain dying as I watched it. And lobster is yummy!

Lee said...

Good luck house hunting!

cheeto said...

I feel your pain with house hunting! We're still not sure about buying in the Chicago area, and want to move out of our apt to a rental house. Good luck with your search!

Kathryn said...

Don't let house hunting stress you out. I have to say I LOVE looking at houses, but I understand the anxiety of seeing houses that are almost right, but not quite. You are always asking your self, "Can I live with this?" The most important thing to remember is to write down EVERYTHING about the house as soon as you can. Even sketch a floor plan. We used a Ben Franklin technique of +s and -s. Pool +, Tiny bathrooms -. Great Kitchen +, No yard -. There are lots about a house you can change, but not the foundation, roof, or layout of the major spaces. Even a horrible kitchen can be remodeled if the house itself is in a great location and has everything else you want. We have personally replaces toilets, faucets, light fixtures, and paint. And we are far from handy.

Other movies to avoid, Babel (that's on our "Why did they bother to make this movie" list.), Memoirs of a Geisha (S...l...o...w, and predictable), The Fountain (even with Hugh Jackson), and Children of Men (I hate movies set in the "burning trashcans" future) even with Clive Owen).

Linda said...

Jennifer
I hate talking on the phone too, my rating would be more like -20.
Good luck house hunting! It must be fun and exciting at the same time. I am sure you will find just what you are looking for.

Ruth said...

Fingers crossed that you find the perfect place. Stitch a little... it's sure to make you feel better... well, as onlg as the frog doesn't show up.

Say, thanks for the Feasts. They really are entertaining.

Lynn said...

Good luck with the hunting! We're thinking of downsizing but I just hate the thought of the search. That and the thought of packing everything puts it on hold every time!

Wendy said...

Good luck with your house hunting. I'm sure the right one is out there waiting for you :-D