Monday, June 2, 2014

10th Anniversary Piece

I Will Love You by Annie Beez Folk Art
Stitched 2 over 2 on 25 ct. mystery linen with recommended threads

I finished up my anniversary piece for Mr. SweetPea. (We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in April).  As I mentioned before, I went to my LNS about 2 weeks before our anniversary to figure out what I was going to stitch for this milestone.  Because I enjoy waiting till the last minute....

Nothing was really doing it for me, until I spotted this one and remembered I had purchased it a few years ago and it was sitting in my stash.  I think I probably even bought it intending to stitch it for an anniversary.  So I picked up the fabric I needed, going a little larger than the recommended 32 count because I wanted to frame this finish.

For the most part, this was a super easy stitch, except for all those damn little confetti stitch stars.  I love how the look on the front, but they were kind of a pain in the butt to stitch.  I considered using seed beads but decided to stitch as designed.  Eventually I'll get this framed and hung on the wall.  Maybe even before our 20th anniversary.

And if you must have it RIGHT NOW, you can check out Annie's Etsy Shop for an instant download.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Nice anniversary piece, especially for this time of year. Happy Anniversary

Vickie said...

Awesome choice! :)

Robin said...

Congratulations on getting your anniversary piece finished, Jennifer! It turned out great; love the colors in this one.

Have a marvelous day!

Robin in Virginia

Blu said...

Congrats on a lovely finish!

Sharon said...

It's beautiful Jennifer! Happy Anniversary!

Annie said...

What a great piece for an anniversary. That's a real treasure!

Brigitte said...

A wonderful design for the anniversary.

Carol said...

I'm sure your husband loved your special finish, Jenn! So glad you remembered you had it in your stash :) Happy Anniversary to you both!

Marie said...

So sweet. Hope your Anniversary was wonderful.

I love this design and am thinking of stitching it for G and D. Not too sure they would be willing to hang it in their apartments. It would be such a lovely gift from their adoring Mom. :-D