Wednesday, June 4, 2014

French Country Bunny Ornament

So it may have taken me a few years, but I did get another F&S piece finished up!  This one probably shouldn't have taken me so long since the cardboard for the inside has been cut to shape and covered with the batting for ages now.  But I struggled with getting the shape of the bunny done neatly, so it ended up in a drawer for quite a while out of frustration.  I don't know that I would do a shaped finish like this again - I might go with an easier to manage oval instead.

It actually made it to our tree this past Christmas, and I forgot to put it on the blog, though I did share the finished picture with the original stitcher!

This was my very first F&S Exchange with Michele.  (It's JBW Designs French Country Bunny)

6 comments:

Robin said...

That is so cute, Jennifer! I think it turned out great and you did a fine job with getting the edges neatly finished.

Robin in Virginia

Blu said...

Very cute finish! You did a great job with such an irregular shape.

Vickie said...

Well, the struggling was worth it. It looks very well done.

Carol said...

Wow--your bunny shaped finish is adorable, Jenn!! Michele did a beautiful job with her stitching, too--the colors are wonderful...

Shebafudge said...

Very pretty! I love how you finished it. xx

Marie said...

You did a great job! If you ever need help with "odd" shape finishing just send it to me and I will do it for you! :-)