Friday, March 21, 2014

An ornament for our tree

I might as well get caught up on several of the pieces I finished at the end of 2013. I was determined to get some new ornaments on our tree, and someday plan to be caught up with the yearly ornaments for my son. (I can't tell if it's good or bad that he's four, and I'm already missing one year's ornament)

Angel Greeting by Kissy-Cross
Free Chart available here: http://kissycross.twoday.net/stories/4537414/
Stitched on 40 ct. linen with Belle Soie Cranberry Silk Thread


I apologize for the weird pink cast to the photo, but this is a beautiful piece.  The linen is a neutral sandy color, and the cranberry Belle Soie is a rich maroon color.  (The Belle Soie silks are always so lovely to stitch with, and they have a nice sheen to them)

It's been finished and sitting in a drawer FOREVER, waiting for my husband to stitch our name and the year (2011) for the back of the ornament.  (I won't even tell you how long it was kitted up waiting to be stitched in the first place)  I finally ended up doing it myself, and putting the piece together so it could hang our our tree this past Christmas.

Because his family is very proud of their German heritage, he went with the German wording, but the chart also includes Merry Christmas in English.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Love your color choice.

Robin said...

What a wonderful addition for your tree! Love the fabric/thread combination!

Have a super weekend, Jennifer!

Robin in Virginia

Angela said...

What a lovely thought. You can always catch up on the ornament your missing when in years to come your sat up wondering why he's not home yet!!. Can't believe he has had four Christmas' already it seems like only yesterday I stitched you a lighthouse whilst you were pregnant!!

Shebafudge said...

Lovely, very pretty. xx