Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yes, I am stitching....

Not as much as I would like to be, but I blame that on a wireless connection, a laptop, and a renewed obsession with cooking. My Facebook friends get regular links to recipes I've found, and I am currently wading through over 1000 posts in my food blog collection. (I might have a small problem with a recipe addiction...)

I do have a few pieces I am working on, and a small pile of things waiting to be framed by my husband. Two of them are wedding pieces, and I should have a post by the end of the week about a third wedding piece, the first one I've done "on commission" that was gifted to a bride and groom back in May. One of the two remaining wedding pieces is for someone near and dear to my heart - my beautiful cousin Kerri, who is getting married in August. I also have two birth pieces I need to get cracking on, and my ever present assortment of ornaments.

I am managing to keep up with some of the crafting blogs I read, and this is another FANTASTIC project that would totally work for some customized finishes for needlework. I know I've spent hours looking for buttons and embellishments, and this idea is absolutely genius.


Customized buttons made from Shrinky Dink plastic. Genius, I tells ya. Genius. Check out the tutorial on Scissors.Paper.Wok.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I was just thinking about you the other day - wondering where you've been!! Sounds like you have been busy. Love those buttons!

Karen said...

I love the button idea too! I can't wait to drag out my shrinky dinks. I have used rubber stamps before but like the idea of the black ink buttons.

Jenna said...

Those buttons are the cutest thing! I can't wait to take a look at the tutorial.

Dianne said...

That is a great idea with the buttons used for stitching.
I do think you can toss 'decorating' ideas as another obsession. You have wonderful taste and I enjoy your pins.

Meari said...

Oooh, that does look fun!