Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tea Drinker's Tip

I drink a lot of tea, and I suspect quite a few of my fellow stitchers are tea drinkers as well. I usually drink my tea hot with a touch of honey and milk, and since I drink so much tea, I buy honey in bulk at the local warehouse store in a large plastic bottle. Sometimes I get lucky and can use the whole thing before it starts crystallizing, but sometimes, it starts crystallizing by the time I am halfway through the bottle, and it's hard to use.

However, I found a great tip to cure that - microwaving. Put some honey in a small glass jar and microwave on high until it melts, stirring occasionally (every 15-20 seconds). You need to be SUPER careful when you do this and you cannot leave the honey unattended. Honey in the microwave gets very hot, very fast. Be very careful when you do this! I tried it the other day, putting thick, crystallized honey into the jar. It melted down nicely, and more importantly, has STAYED melted. I was afraid it would go back to its crystallized state once it cooled, but it hasn't so far. So if you have problems with crystallized honey, give it a try!

10 comments:

Kim B said...

A brilliant tip!

Jenna said...

Great tip, thanks!

Pumpkin said...

Super tip!

Ruth said...

Eww. Yuck! Honey. :-P Ick. I hate honey. You can keep it crystallized or no.

kim said...

always with the helpful tips! thanks jennifer!

Wendy said...

Great tip ~ I love honey too!

Lynn said...

Great tip, I'll pass it on to some friends. Honey is something we just don't use around here. My DH hates it and I take my tea black.

Carolien said...

Thanks for the tip!

Have a nice weekend & greetings, Carolien

stitcherw said...

I love tea too. Sometimes with honey and sometimes not. Honey I've found I especially enjoy if I have a cough, sore throat, or just a tired voice from talking to much. Thanks for the link to the Franklin Institute, it was fun to learn a bit more about what my DD was seeing. The new Pirate exhibit they are going to have sounds really interesting.
Sue

Meari said...

I don't take anything in my tea, but I do use honey for cooking and knew this tip. I just put the entire bottle in the microwave with the cap open and heat it up. LOL I don't buy in bulk, tho. Just the lil bottles. :)