Friday, May 2, 2008

Finally, some stitching related content

But no pictures!!

Actually, I've been absent from blogging as much because we were deep in the midst of a house hunt, which, fingers crossed, has been successful. We had our offer accepted on a house and are now working on removing our contingencies, namely acquiring a mortgage, getting a home inspection and a radon test. We're hoping they all go smoothly and we can be in our new house sometime in June. This is our new house:


It's 4 BR, 2.5 bathrooms with central air, a 2 car garage, and a basement. The yard is smaller than we originally wanted, and it's in a development, but I think it's going to be a great house. It's been on the market almost a year, and was priced well above other houses for sale. Finally, the owners relented and came down in price, something our real estate agent was really surprised about. But I really did my research - I was well versed in every house for sale in 2 counties and part of a third, and I knew the offer we made was low but fair. I'm just really glad they accepted it!
And now for the stitching related content...
I finished up most of the stitching on the small version of Acorns and Threads, and decided I didn't want to do the title or the alphabet in the top portion, so I'm currently working out what to change it to. I was thinking about making it a Welcome sign for the front hallway. I originally thought to put in Willkommen (my DH is German), but it doesn't quite fit in the font I'm using and I've already stitched in the border, so I'm not tearing all of that out. I might just look for a different font, or I could stitch the larger version and use the Willkommen for that instead. We'll see.
I've also started a new freebie by Pelin Tezer, called Moire. I'm doing mine in shades of teal green and will finish it as a biscornu. It's a very relaxing pattern to stitch and I think it will be beautiful when it's done.
So that's what I've been up to. I hope everyone is doing well, and now I am going to catch up a little more on my sadly neglected Google Reader!

21 comments:

staci said...

Congrats on finding a beautiful house...keeping fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly for you!

Kim B said...

What a gorgeous house!!

Katrina said...

Congrats on the house! It looks really nice.

I love that freebie! I think it would make a cute biscornu.

Kathryn said...

Hip, hip, hooray for the housing guru. It really pays to do your research! Now, I hope everything else goes smoothly. Have you picked out YOUR sewing/stitching room? ;-) I can't wait to see more of the house. The front yard already looks lovely.

Chiloe said...

Your new house is beautiful: congratulations !!! I guess the owner did like you: checked the prices around and realized he wouldn't sell it for more ;)

Sally said...

Your new house looks lovely Jennifer. I hope the move goes smoothly:)

monique said...

I hate moving and everything that goes along with it, so I sympathize with all you've got going on... I hope your move goes smoothly! The house is gorgeous :)

Barbara said...

Wow, that's an amazing house! And good for you, being such an educated buyer! :D

Janet said...

How exciting!!! The house is gorgeous, well worth the wait. If it wasn't for the postage I would send you a concrete kangaroo garden statue/bottle opener (yeah, classy) for the front porch ;). Keep the pics coming!

Sharon said...

Congratulations on your new home! I hope things will go well for you!

Ruth said...

Woo hooo.... Fingers crossed that everything works out for you and your house!

Lee said...

Congratulations on the new house! I hope you are very happy there. It looks wonderful.

Vonna said...

What a homey home this shall make you for your nest :) It looks much like our home that we sold two years ago....I loved it but we outgrew it....I hope all goes well and smooth during the transition :)

Stephanie said...

YES, YES, YES!!!! Congrats to you both, I'm so pleased that you've come out of your house hunting blues with such a winner - well done!! You must be SOOOOOOO excited :) Yay, I can't tell you how pleased I was to read your post :)

Teejay said...

It's a beautiful house, I hope you get it!

Jenna said...

I know I've already said this, but hooray to you two on finding a house! I hope that the inspection went smoothly and you're on track for closing next month.

I love Moire; thanks for sharing that link!

kim said...

DUDE! Congratulations on the house! Does this mean a lighthouse visit in the near future, even if you can't do the challenge this year? ;)

Dianne said...

That's a great looking house! Congrats for finding something and getting a good price too. You can tell me in an email where it is, just curious if you moved back to PA. Won't be long for your move in either!

Lynn said...

What a fantastic house! It pays to be informed as to real estate prices in the area. I hope all goes well for you and the move is a smooth one.
I love Moire. It'll make a great Biscornu and the teal colour is a nice choice.

Rachel S said...

Lovely house!

Meari said...

Great house!