Monday, February 25, 2013

Gift for a baby girl

Gabrielle Rose by La D Da
Stitched 2 over 2 on 32 ct. Antique White
Name intentionally blurred for privacy

Here's another piece that I finally finished up and framed, and delivered.

Kelly is the daughter of a childhood friend of mine and I wanted to make something special for her nursery. Since the parents didn't go with a specific theme for her room, I chose this piece from my stash.  It's pretty and feminine without being overly girly and I think it will be something pretty for her room for a long time to come.

I used the recommended colors for the piece, but left out the initials in the corners, and changed the wording on the banner to Kelly's last name.  In hindsight, I might have used a lighter color thread for her name, since the grey does seem to blend in, but I like the subtleness of the grey.

You may remember the piece I stitched up for Kelly's brother Ryan.  They went with a jungle theme, so I stitched Safari Birth Sampler by Mary Stickley for The Coleshill Collection.  Since the furniture in the nursery remained the same, I ordered a similar frame for both pieces.

8 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

Love your new birth sampler. I am drawn to designs by Lori and this one is no exception.
Excellent choice on the frames too!

Catherine said...

Very sweet ~ love the grey!

Kathy A. said...

Wonderful choice for a birth sampler.

Vickie said...

Oh I think that is just lovely.

Carol said...

That is one of the prettiest birth samplers I've seen, Jenn!! What a treasure to little Kelly and her family :)

Lynn said...

Both are lovely samplers but I do favour the La D Da one. It' adorable!

Carolyn NC said...

This is so pretty! Great job - love the first one, too. :)

Dianne said...

How sweet! You've been busy! Good idea about the frames.
I am finishing up a gift for a mid March birthday.