Friday, July 18, 2014

The Return of the Fair & Square Exchange

After an extended hiatus, the Fair and Square exchange is back, and the latest round was a Patriotic theme. I was paired up with Rebecca (no blog... yet!) who is new to the exchange, and these are the lovely squares she stitched for me.

 Land that I Love by Lizzie*Kate

This is a "Now and Then" version of the chart.  The one Rebecca stitched is the updated version, so she included the chart so I could stitch the older version of it as well.  Thank you so much, Rebecca!


This is what I stitched for Rebecca... 

(city blanked out intentionally)

I took a slightly more colorful approach than the original, and use some metallic threads for the fireworks.  I also added in an extra star where the snap was charted in.

Rebecca mentioned she's been following my blog and was excited to be paired up with me.  I can totally relate - I've been paired up with fellow stitchers I've followed and it's so nice to "meet" and get to know them.  Hopefully Rebecca will start a blog soon, too!

4 comments:

Robin said...

What a super pair of F & S blocks -- yours to Rebecca and Rebecca's to you. Hope you have a fabulous weekend, Jennifer!

Robin in Virginia

Vickie said...

Awesome work ladies! And how neat that truly is to get matched up with someone you follow. :)

valerie said...

What a great exchange! Both sets of squares look very festive and fun!

Carol said...

I always enjoy seeing those Fair & Square exchange blocks... The one you got is so pretty and I like your changes to the one you stitched, Jenn! Hope you're having a fun summer!!