The other day, I received an email from Karen at Ambitatterous. She was looking for the Tantes Zolder butterfly chart I stitched a while back but the link in my blog post was dead and the page refused to load. It wouldn't load for me either, and it appears that the Tantes Zolder / My Aunt's Attic blog is offline. From what I can make out from the translation, it appears the weblog.nl that hosted the Tantes Zolder blog has been moved to wordpress, but I cannot find the blog itself.
I did, however, find another site that's hosting the patterns. You can now get the Tantes Zolder patterns here, so you may want to update your links (I did in my previous post).
And if you're not familiar with Tantes Zolder, you should definitely check them out. There are some very beautiful patterns. They're from a collection of handwritten charts that were digitized and published on the blog. Lilian Kok found the charts in her aunt's
attic (hence the name) and with the help of some volunteers, generated almost 300 images that she made available for free.
If anyone knows where the original blog may have gone, please let me know.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Sew Blue by iStitchaholic
1 over 1 on 28 ct. evenweave
with Belle Soie Peacock
with Belle Soie Peacock
Personalized as a gift
This was a freebie pattern offered by Carol of iStitchaholic. The original pattern has an alphabet across the top of the design, but I wanted to personalize it for a wedding gift, so I used the alphabet for their names and wedding date, and charted out my own ampersand.
Gina is a dear friend of my husband's from college, and we wanted to send her and her new husband something personal since we could not make it to their wedding. This is actually the first of two pieces I stitched - the other is a framed piece for their walls that has yet to be framed. At least this one got out in time to hang on their Christmas tree this year! (And you'll see the framed piece later, once it's finished up)
So I changed the pattern to personalize the piece, and I took the ribbon from their invitations to my LNS and found a perfect match in the Belle Soie Peacock silk. Gina also had a bit of a lace motif throughout her wedding plans, so I picked up on that with the trim around the edges, and found some teal blue fabric (what you see in the background) for the back of the piece. The lace is actually much nicer in person. I didn't realize it looked off in the picture until after I had mailed it out. But rest assured I didn't send out a wonky ornament.
I've been on a bit of an over 1 stitching kick, and I never fail to be thrilled with how the tiny little stitches come out, especially with silks.