Monday, July 26, 2010

Fair and Square Exchange with April K

Why yes, it HAS taken me almost 5 months to post these pictures - from an exchange back in FEBRUARY. I'm not even going to make an excuse about it took me so long or why my blog posting in general is sporadic at best. Otherwise, it would be much like my last several posts.

Moving on....

These are the very pretty squares I received from April:



JBW Designs French Country Amour
Once again, I forsee something destined for a no sew cube, perhaps with a pretty red velvet ribbon and some silver / crystal embellishments.

As to my contribution to the exchange, when I read that April is a huge fan of Halloween, I knew I had the perfect design in mind. I have already stitched the butterflies from the Tantes Zolder website, and this was the motivation I needed to stitch the bats. Mind you, I am not a fan of Halloween, so I'd never stitch them for myself, but after seeing them stitched up at my LNS (Just Cross Stitch in Lederach), I knew I wanted to stitch them. (Speaking of Just Cross Stitch, I wonder if I can pester Carolyn to post a photo on her blog of her VERY cool version of this pattern, stitched on purple fabric and turned into a pillow with an awesomely fluffly black fringe trim....)

Bat Freebie from Tantes Zolder
Stitched 1 over 1 on 32 ct. Antique White with GAST Raven 
NOTE: Above link updated March 2013 as original blog no longer online

You can't tell from the photos, but the Raven thread is a deep black color with hints of green in it. Perfect for these bats. And this is my attempt at being all fancy like and taking a closeup photo...

9 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Great stitching!

An itch to cross stitch.. said...

The bats are cool, but I love the amour piece with the different colours through it.

Catherine said...

Very cool! Can't wait to see a picture of it all done up!

Sally said...

Both of them are lovely. I do love the bats!

Lynn said...

Both exchanges are great! I've done the TZ Butterflies but have yet to try the bats. They look really cool.

Karen said...

Love the bats! They look awesome! :)

Lee said...

I'm like you...not a big fan of Halloween, but those bats are very cool!

Angela said...

Great stitching.

Love the bat design.

Blu said...

The bats are really cool. I've seen the butterflies before but never the bats. Definitely adding it to the list!