I started cleaning out my crafting bookmarks and trying to get the more organized. As I was going through them, I came across a few goodies to share:
Freebie Cross Stitch Sites:
- Blackwork Embroidery Archives
- Dawn's Free Patterns
- DMC Club Free Charts - registration is required, but they have great stuff
- Dragon Dreams Sample Charts
- Dunmani Designs
- Free Patterns.com
- JOY Christmas Angels
- Shona's Place Mini Graphs
Other Good Cross Stitch Sites:
- CyberStitchers - some good free patterns and tons of galleries for inspiration
- Stitching the Night Away - Journaling your work - includes free printable pages
And a helpful hint of the day in dealing with UFOs. Everyone from knitters to stitchers to crocheters can use this method of dealing with all those projects you can never seem to finish. Chris Miller describes a good Rotation Method for keeping things moving. In fact, there are a number of excellent articles on the Shakespeare's Peddler site.
Once you're done with all the stitching, check out these sites for finishing techniques.